10 Secrets to Living a Vibrantly Happy

antoncabon Reply 01:27
By Susan Biali M.D.
It was my birthday yesterday, and it caused me to reflect on what I've learned about life as I've gotten older. In addition, I asked my community on my professional Facebook page what they appreciate most about aging. I got a wonderfully long list of wise and inspiring responses (to read them and be inspired, go to www.facebook.com/drsusanbiali (link is external) ).

10 Secrets to Living a Vibrantly Happy, Healthy Life
10 Secrets to Living a Vibrantly Happy, Healthy Life

Here are my top tips for you, if you long to create a happier, healthier life:


1) If you move toward something, it will move toward you


As W.H. Murray famously said: "The moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred." I've seen it time and again in my own life and in the lives of my coaching clients. Don't worry too much about how you're going to get from A to B, just start walking in the direction of your goal or dream. Get started by doing whatever you can, however small, and then do the next thing. Watch for it: Providence will show up and will come to your assistance. I've seen it happen so often that it seems to be a law of nature.

2) Manage your stress and you'll fix almost everything


Stress is the cause of a staggering number of health problems and worsens any medical condition. Stress causes us to age faster, throws our hormones out of whack, and makes us feel anxious, fearful and irritable. I recently attended at course at Harvard's Benson-Henry Institute of Mind Body Medicine, and was staggered by the protean effects of stress and just how pervasive it is in our lives and our society. I discovered that I was way more stressed than I realized, and was living with a steady undercurrent of it. Learn to recognize the signs of stress in your own body and mind, and counteract them actively (yoga, breathing breaks, mini-meditations throughout the day, exercise, play, prayer, positive self-talk, etc.).

Read Full Article...

Related Posts

Living 7295492565566418513

Post a Comment

Search

Follow us

Popular Posts